O Christmas Tree!
How Lovely Are Your Branches!
For the first few years of living with my boyfriend, we would go and choose a real tree. However one year we discovered that he suffers with 'Christmas Tree Syndrome' (*scroll to the bottom to know more) and so now we have an artificial one.
After the usual frustration of erecting the tree, arranging the boughs and painstakingly putting on 1500 lights (it is 8ft), we got out our baubles and went to town. I'm not a fan of tinsel on a tree and since leaving home I've always gone for warm white lights (I had multicoloured growing up) but I love the traditional feel of red, white and green, so this is the colour scheme I go for each year.
In honour of the occasion I thought I would create some Christmas Tree nail art and of course I had to go all out. I used a base of Primark's Ranger (see my review of their AW Gel polishes for more details) and then coated my nails in green bar glitter. Finally I drew on a gold line and added some rhinestones for the lights.
I love the finished look, it's so fun and unmistakably a Christmas Tree, however it was a pain to wear, and the glitter got everywhere. I didn't keep these on long.
What do you think about these nails? Tell me all about your Christmas Tree in the comments below, I want to know all the details.
*If you haven't heard of it, Christmas Tree Syndrome is basically an allergy to the mold that grows on the needles of a tree and once inside your warm home these mold spores grow like crazy. I don't know about you but my house isn't very well ventilated in the winter, I shut doors, contemplate murder should a window even get cracked and crank up the heating most days. This is heaven for the mold and throughout the time the tree is up, the mold continues to fill your air/home with spores until it's basically like living inside a mushroom.
Each December prior to getting the artificial tree my bf would always have sniffles, sneezing fits and dribbly eyes for the duration the tree was up, and each time we dismissed it as a cold. One year we only had the tree up 12hrs before his symptoms were so bad he couldn't even stand to be in the same room as it, so we ditched the traditional real tree buying and purchases ourselves an 8ft artificial one from Argos.